Monday, May 07, 2007

Brain Impedance and ZODB

Over the weekend, I've done some more programming in a Pylons application with ZODB.

I've discovered that my brain is finding it hard to let go of all the relational constraints and paradigms which I have been working with for the last 11 years. I keep imagining that I need to create an index for this or that, so that I can look it up real-quick-like... But then I realize a sequential scan isn't going to be that costly... so I should just write the simplest-thing-that-works... and it does just work!

ZODB really makes prototyping a web app simple, and fast. I'm glad I took the time to learn how it works, its already becoming a valuable tool.

As far as Pylons goes... I'm liking it. When compared to TurboGears, it feels much more composed rather than integrated. This might be a good, or a bad thing, depending on your point of view.

My current challenge is getting the methods on a RESTResource to return data encoded in XML, HTML or JSON, depending on values in the HTTP Accept header.

No comments:

Popular Posts